Q3 Finish Along

I have more artistic thoughts than any other kind of thought I think.  I start a ton of projects and finish a sadly small amount of them.  In an effort to negate that lovely cycle I  am joining the 2015 Finish Along at On the Windy Side.

Q2 went fairly well.  Out of 22 listed, I finished 10.  Thats 16 so far this year!  I do find it amusing how many on this list were on Q1 and 2.  Need to get crackin...


2015 FAL at On the Windy Side


So here is my Q3 list which is alarmingly similar to Q2!

1 - Friend swap in 2014 - still in progress
 I figured we would get off track on this friend swap.  I am still working thru the packets of goodies she has sent me.  However, I would like to have them done and the top done by Q4 so I can say 'yeah!' and focus on 2015 - 2016.

2 - 2014 Around the World Swap - still in progress
 This is the results of a swap with people from all over.  I have seen a few of our facebook participants post finished quilts which has me inspired to make this happen and get it quilted.

3- 2014 Quilt Guild Paint Chip Challenge - still in progress

I really love the design I created for this challenge.  I still need to finish 6 blocks and then get it quilted.  I would love it on my couch this fall.

4- Garden Wallhanging - still in progress


This is a gift for a friend I want to have done this summer.  I got stuck on quilting the tiny little bits I fused, but I think I have a solution.  This should be finished this quarter.

5- Shop banner wallhanging - still in progress

This has been around for at least 2 years.  Again, I got stuck not sure how to quilt the edges of the small pieces.  However, I want it done and on the wall and then photographed for my etsy shop.

6 - awake my soul wallhanging - still in progress


Similar to the above.  Inspired by Mumford and Sons song lyrics, I would love to do a line of wallhangings with song lyrics like this.  Just have to finish and then do more.  I want to add building silhouettes and a few simple things to give depth, then quilt.

7 - Saving the Pillow Top  - still in progress


This is for my cousin.  My grandmother made this for her years ago, and since grandma has passed it is one of a kind.  It has been well worn, and I don't think can be a pillow anymore.  I am thinking I will turn it into a wallhanging, and then make a pillow for her using this pattern.  Since we are celebrating my cousin's birthday net weekend I am going to finish this within 5 days!

8 - Commissioned quilt - still in progress

 I have to get this done.  I have gotten stuck on designing an applique tree in king size.  I just need to get the base on the wall and do it, and stop waffling.  I want at minimum the top done in Q3.


9 - Baby quilts - still in progress

I have 3 of these tops done in scrappy HSTs.  I just need to back and bind them.  I will donate them when finished.

10- Disappearing Blocks Quilt - still in progress

This is a quilt intended as a Christmas gift.  however, life got busy and I did not finish.  I would like to finish it this spring to gift or put in my own closet.

11- HST quilt\wallhanging.  - still in progress

 I challenged myself last fall to work with half square triangles and pink.  I have a lot cut and pieced.  I need to square up and iron and then decide on the top.  I would love for this to be a quilt I gift or sell -and not hang around!  This may also wind up in a swap.

12 - Winter Wonderland art - still in progress




I painted some snowflake designs on fabric and have been adding thread to them to create unique art with them.  I want to make a wallhanging with them - or maybe a couple of wallhangings.  These were intended to be done for last holiday, but life got in the way, and I got stuck on the sewing portion which is taking a while to make each flake unique.  I love how they are coming out - this may also turn into a teaching aid for a fiber art class.  This may also make it into a swap package.

13 - purely fun pot holders - still in progress


I made a couple of potholder gifts from a pattern I saw online - little R.V. designed art.  I loved them, my recipient loved them, and now I want a few for me!  These would also make great swap gifts!

14 - Mystery Quilt


This is the fabric for a Mystery Quilt on facebook starting in May.  I plan to keep up with the mystery so I don't let it slide!



I totally kept up with the mystery - now to quilt it!  I have backing on its way, and I know what thread I want to use.  I am hoping to tackle this myself.

15 - Focus Through the Prism Challenge starting May 1


I have been participating in this challenge.  So far we have 2 months down and are into month 3.  Here are the first 2 so far - 

May - Monkey Wrench in Red
June - Friendship Star in Indigo. This is to be a gift for the friend that inspired it!

 We have a log cabin inspiration in July - I am leaning towards using the orange this month, a kind of sunrise burst...  I have a design sketched, just need to sew it!  Should have August and September in the bag by the end of Q3 as well.  :)

16 - #kaffeminiswap

I have the fabric ordered and a design sketched out.  Just need to make the mini and maybe a few gifts.  I can't wait for the fabric to arrive!  Kaffe!




17 - #Pirateswap

Looking at getting the fabric for a pirate swap from spoonflower this month.  Wanting to make canvas bags for a couple of swaps.  Love the below spoonflower fabric!

by Teja_jamilla
18 - #mermaidcraftswap

For the mermaid swap I have some scallops started.  Thinking about a bag here as well with a spoonflower fabric I just totally fell in love with!

by Thistleandfox


19 - #criminalmindsswap

I just love this show, and am excited to play with ideas inspired by it to share with others who love this show.  So far I have a design for a large project with a wish list of other possible crafts.

20 - #lovewinsminiswap

Fabrics ordered and a design sketched out.  As soon as I saw this swap I just HAD to join!


21 - boat flag

I was asked to make a boat flag.  This is another finish that must be done this week.  It will be interesting - I have never worked with nylon before!




Whew!  Lots to do!

Comments

Popular Posts