Block 84 of 368

For many many years I have considered ric rak to be a low brow kind of trim for cheeply made hand-me-downs.  Honestly, I am no sure why I thought that, but i never liked ric rak when I was little, and didn't consider using it in anything when I started quilting.

However, I am seeing the charm in ric rak more and more.  Especially in larger sizes.  Perhaps it is my new fascination with zig zags and the movement of the chevron shape.  

When i found this rainbow ric rak in the trims, despite my aversion to candy colors, I went for it.  Adding it to this background of medium brown fabric.  It adds a great deal of joy and brightness to this block i am not sure would have happened any other way.

Along with the trim obsession, look to see more ric rak in this project!

Block 84 Front

Block 84 back

Block 84

Comments

Popular Posts