Singer Circle Challenge - The Galaxy According to Indigo

Progress on a little challenge block.  Details here - Singer is challenging quilters to make a block incorporating a full circle in the design.  That's the whole guidance.

It blew my mind for a while.  The possibilities!

Finally I went looking for inspiration and found this diagram.

by Blacktop Studios
While i did not want to use that one specifically (it is licensed) it did give me some ideas.

So, working from some sketches and with interfacing, pretty fabrics and a fun background here we go...


For the sun I added layers of scraps of yellow, gold, and orange tulle and then did a random curved line in variegaterd thread.  The rest of them will just use the patterns in the fabric - but I couldn't resist making the sun shine.




Comments

Popular Posts